Your Comments Are Critical.

Lagid aya o kam'bangka sa Banggolo. Poonan ak'n so totol na langon tano p'taroon so pamikiran tano, bapiya manga ribat. O dingka isurat so lalag ka, na lagid ka o miyamanipanik a p'ngao.

Opportunities

MAGUINDANAO SPEAKER is needed immediately. This is a contract job for a project with Federal government so you have to be U.S. legal resident. Please contact Arata Wata as soon as possible (with in 7 days from this posting, 3/11/08). You can work from home.

Commercial advertisement by Pilandok entrepreneurs is free in this space. Just send your ad messages to Arata Wata.

Because listening to music is considered haram by some Islamic scholars, I call my album, "Kini.Kini.Rock: Miyatimo Rka."

Download the song and play the mp3 file if you don't have faster internet connection. You can request Kini.Kini.Rock music on radio stations in Ranao.

Kini.Kini.Ring.Tone is available for download.

Watch.And.Chat

To post your video, send email to Arata.Wata@ArataWata.Com or using your webcam, you can broadcast yourself live. Just post advance notice of your schedule so other Pilandoks can log and watch you odi na lagid ka i Tomaroy ago si Alandag a ditarotaro na daa pamakin'g on, daa pagilay ron.

Schedule of Live Broadcast: NONE

If you can't view ArataWataTV and you're on Linux platform, please install the missing plug-ins for your browser's video player.

Monday, October 6, 2008

'Ngkaino to?

From A Friend in Midwest, USA.

At the onset of the recently concluded Holy Month of Ramadan, I had an interesting talk with good friend Arata Wata. In that brief yet engaging cross-country phone exchange, he shared his observation of Women during Friday Prayer at a Mosque in upscale and virtual Silicon Valley.

The Ladies in their finest of fineries, all look so lovely. Each one exquisitely garbed in the best of holiday fabric with matching colorful silk Hijabs creatively and skillfully arranged. The ladies all look beautiful and happy.

Beyond what meets the eye, however, what struck my friend the most, was that certain look and special glow in their lovely faces. An authentic look of happiness, so contagious that it can only emanate from some special place deep inside. A place that can transform and project an aura far beyond conventional beauty. "WHY ARE THEY HAPPY?" Arata Wata asked.

Touche! I thought. Trying hard to sound like a smart-aleck, I enthusiastically quipped: "THEY ARE HAPPY BECAUSE THEY ARE CONTENTED MOTHERS, WIVES AND DAUGHTERS." They live privileged lives, the good life. They need not worry about anything. Life's necessities and amenities are afforded and within easy reach. Their needs are met and satisfied, their wants promptly addressed, even long before they realize it. In short, LIFE IS PERFECT!"

Arata Wata was listening closely and intently. Immediately after I uttered the last word "perfect", he volleyed his next question. A question which caught me off guard, off keel I must admit. He goes: 'How come their counterparts back home who are equally privileged, well appointed and very well supported does not exude the same countenance, that extraordinary aura of happiness?

He is right. His observation is valid, tenable and definitely holds water. Why is it so? What's the logic behind? What's the secret? Good thing we have to cut short our talk that Saturday morning, we needed to attend to urgent concerns and respective routines. Time constraint saved me from answering a simple but difficult question. One question I have no ready answer at all! Confidently I told Aratawata I'll get back to him, as though I knew the answer. Oh Boy! That was cocky.

Since that west-midwest cross-country AT&T phone talk a month ago, Aratawata's question stirred, lingered and sunk into my subconscious. I made several attempts to figure it out but to no avail. Everytime, I ended up with nonsensical answers. I lined up reasons but the list just didn't add up. I cannot come up with an air-tight rebuttal-proof explanation. Thirty days had passed, I still haven't!

Now I'm forced to take on a "No Comment" stance. I'll stall time for more time to think, to whack my brains off till I reach a solid, sound, sensible, acceptable and ultimately convincing theory. At the same breath, I call on every Mother, Wife and Daughter; I call on all enlightened, enriched and empowered women; I call on every thinking woman out there to help figure this out.

All factors considered equal, pomp and pagaentry in place, privilege and plenty present, shed light on Aratawata's question: 'WHAT'S THE SECRET OF THE LADIES OF SILICON VALLEY?" Why do they look blissfully happy compared to their equally privileged Ranao sisters?"

Ladies share your thoughts! Speak Up! Let your voices be heard! Help create ripples on Ranao shores, resonate in Silicon Valley and echo the the world over!

SIDENOTE: While Ranao is famous for its majestic "Sleeping Beauty," a naturally magnificent scenic spot one can behold and admire from any vantage point across the Lake on any fine day. I'd like to believe even more that Ranao is more famous and better known for the warmth of its people. Behind Beauty's deep slumber, nestles vibrant, thinking, enriched, prolific and beautiful ladies pregnant with amazingly brilliant ideas.

8 comments:

  1. Giyaya na pamikiran akun bo..

    Madakul a mbidaan o mga muslim a babay sa dunya. Main difference is culture. Mranao culture and attitude is very unique. So mga Mranao na di kakontento, and that include the women. They won't be able to achieve and feel the same aura of contentedness the Silicon Valley women exudes. It is simply because the women in Ranao are driven with ambition, greed and insecurities. Take for example a couple who are one of the richest couple in an upscale mall in Manila. Despite their money, still they wanted more. They were not contented with the riches they have..They wanted power. And because of this, they literally bought the Mayorship of a Ranao town.

    Another example is a Solon in a district in Lanao. Each family member also want to join the limelight, also want to have their piece of the pie. And so the Solon practically bought other offices, bought votes just so the siblings will also become honorables.

    They were but just two examples of the countless politicians who sat in offices alongside family members. Kagyan di siran ka kontento.


    Sitting on their sambayanga (tabiya ta so di ron makapipikir), they probably were thingking how to have more money, more power, how to create strategies to make their tindahan makalaba sa mala, thingking the countless relatives they will have to make darpa, or tibaw. Some were probably thingking they should have bought a nicier mukna as their cousins have much more beautiful mukna. Some were probably listening to the wasiyat about forgiveness ( as often recited in Eid Prayers) but they're thingking how to make iwas to that relative at the other end because they don't wanna forgive them. Some were probably thingking what vehicle to buy this time because a relative arrived with a new set of wheels na kyalawanan so expedition nyan a piyamasa niyan last year. I can go on and on.

    Women in Silicon Valley don't think of this things. Simply because they're not Mranaos. And Mranao women are simply MRANAO.

    Giyaya na sariling opinyon ko lamang..:)

    Salaam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny because I was talking to that friend of mine in Midwest last week about greed. This is how it went. I was complaining of myself being too indecisive. If I got 2 options, I can't decide which one to take. You gave me 3 or more options, I go nuts. In fact, I got a name for this problem. I call it, indecisability, to make it sound like a disease.

    As usual, I came up with an answer to my question. I thought, it's simply because of greed. I can't decide on one option because I would always think of the possibility that the other option maybe cheaper, in case of buying stuff, or more beautiful inside and long term, in case when choosing a woman partner, etc, etc. Maybe, Anony you're right. Our people are just too greedy just like the Jews.

    I was actually surprised by your comment Anony. I was thinking the anwer could be more on the family and social aspect of life in Ranao. For example, having too many kids to care, too big an extended family to worry about and heavy social resposibilities. I thought, the reasoning could be along that line. But I don't know. I am just a man... a straight Pilandok. Not even married so what do I know about the bilogical clock of Maranao women... so manga tataid a Daani.

    Anyways, thanks Daani for your insightful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I did not mean that my friend did not have answers to my question. In fact, she had too many ideas about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If greed is primordial, can we dismantle it?

    If greed is systemic, can we disintegrate it?

    If "Yes" is the answer to both, are we willing to effect the change?

    Where do we start?

    When do we commence?

    Who will do it?

    How do we do it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aratawata, you mentioned that your Midwest friend did have a lot of ideas, I wonder if it made you even more confused?

    If you go nuts with more than 3 options, then several possibilities would have been aweful! What could be worst than nuts?

    It's good to have friends you can talk to and let your guards down. Friends who won't judge you, who will stand by you no matter what.

    In this crazy world we live in, in this age when avarice and rudeness is the order of the day, you are lucky if you chance into a real good friend.

    While you get overwhelmed when presented with myriad options and freeze into your "indecisability" mode, I just hope that in your friendships, you don't second guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One thing that I learn in life is to always have doubts on things that you think are best for you because it may turn out to be untrue. But for friendship, take as many friends as you can. Smile as much as you can it will make other people comfortable being with you.

    Idiots learn from his own mistakes, smart people learn from other people's mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay the last phrase was probably out of context. I am just going through some personal issues right now. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being taken out of context i think should be a non issue. We're here to express our views and opinions. If and when others interpret things differently, then I would say, it's fine. Afterall, we know exactly what we really mean.

    ReplyDelete